Sunday, September 7, 2008

God is in the Details

From my favorite devotions:

Isn't it marvelous? Just when we need Him most, God surrounds us with reminders of His presence.

He is evident in a tear or in a far off whistle. He is in the twinkle of the stranger's eye and in a certain shade of blue. He is in the warmth of a handshake and in the missing front teeth of a five-year-old. He is in the hum of the washing machine (???? don't know about that one!) and the glow of the Christmas lights. He is between the lines of handwritten letters and in the nervous laughter of teenage girls. He rises up in the aroma of freshly cut grass. He is in the invisible arc made by a hawk on a fine autumn day. He is in the energy we use to write our to-do lists, and He is the itch to take a break in the middle of the day. God is in every sigh, whisper and exclamation. He is kept promises and acts of love and mercy.


-Margaret Langstaff, Psalms for Women

I will thank you, Lord, with all my heart;
I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done.
I will be filled with joy because of you.
I will sing praises to your name, O Most High.
-Psalm 9:1-2 NLT

0 comments: